General information on Hitachi SH math performance

Giulix giuliano.to@tin.it
Tue Aug 14 04:03:00 GMT 2001

Dear Jeff Johnston,
I'm a software developer from Italy. From many years I have developed
embedded seftware, many of it for Hitachi microprocessor. After use
commercial design environments now I'm looking on OpenSource projects.
I have tryed to migrate from my commercial design environment (www.ghs.com
MULTI 2000 for hitach SH series) to GNU gcc cross compiler. The benchmark
indicate that the performance of compiler are good. Not is the same for the
math functions. Integet and float math is slow.
I have experience in assembly code. Could I increase performance of
mathematical funcions for SH in newlib ? Unfurtunally I don't know the
newlib structure and the internal new lib function structure. Is there any
documentation ?
Besr regards
Giulix