Status of RTEMS Patches

Joel Sherrill joel.sherrill@OARcorp.com
Thu Dec 7 06:58:00 GMT 2000

"J. Johnston" wrote:

> Joel Sherrill wrote:
> >
> > My notes show that of the recent batch of RTEMS patches, the
> > following have not had any response:
> >
> > stmp-targ-include modification
> >         http://sources.redhat.com/ml/newlib/2000/msg00410.html
> >
> > the remaining chunk of the RTEMS patch
> >         http://sources.redhat.com/ml/newlib/2000/msg00414.html
> >
> >         [I know this one is big and will take some time to
> >         digest.  I just did not want it to fall between the cracks.]
> >
> > The vfprintf.c one has generated discussion and there is
> > no agreement as to whether it is proper or not.
> >

> No, they have not fallen through the cracks.  I am just backed up with
> other work including finalizing two other patches (long double I/O support) and Linux.

I thought the "remaining chunk" would take time to evaluate.
This was just a status summary more than anything else.  No
accusation of slacking. <grin>

Please feel free to ask questions about the remaining chunk.
I tried to be minimally invasive while adding some infrastructure
for feature flags.

> I am almost ready to check in your remaining chunk patch.
>
> The vfprintf.c patch will be checked in later today.

Great.  Once the gcc patches I submitted are in, there should
be no rtems specific patch for binutils, gcc, or newlib.  :)

> -- Jeff J.

   Support Available             (256) 722-9985