non-IEEE Float Format and libm

Stephen L Moshier moshier@mediaone.net
Sat Nov 18 06:38:00 GMT 2000

> we are overriding a couple of functions with TI C3x assembly
> versions.  Is any of this of interest to the newlib community?

Portable, generic routines for many math functions in several computer
languages are readily available in netlib ( http://www.netlib.org ).
You can also find unportable ones there, such as the one newlib uses. :-)

Assembly language math routines tailored for a specific processor are
harder to find.  I think it would be a worthy project to provide
optimized TMS320-specific codes.  Whether the newlib maintainers
should be interested in them is a different question.  Maybe they
would consent to giving a page of web pointers to such resources.