Newlib won't build.

Russ.Shaw russell@webaxs.net
Fri Aug 11 17:03:00 GMT 2000

Hi,

I recall seeing something somewhere about not building in source
directories, but i thought it was obsolete because i've seen
instructions that don't mention using a separate directory.
I'll try a separate build directory.

The README instructions in the newlib-1.8.2 directory simply
say:

		   README for GNU development tools

This directory contains various GNU compilers, assemblers, linkers,
debuggers, etc., plus their support routines, definitions, and documentation.
.
.
.
It is now possible to automatically configure and build a variety of
tools with one command.  To build all of the tools contained herein,
run the ``configure'' script here, e.g.:

	./configure
	make

To install them (by default in /usr/local/bin, /usr/local/lib, etc),
then do:
	make install