More newlib issues w/StrongARM Target
Andrew E. Mileski
Fri Jun 2 08:21:00 GMT 2000
David J Croyle wrote:
> In our attempt to build newlib for a StrongARM target, we decided to
> build a separate toolchain and use the newlib headers. However in doing
> so, we have encountered some additional difficulties.
> We are using:
> Binutils-184.108.40.206.19a + Binutils-220.127.116.11.19a-arm-diff981230patch
> EGCS-1.1.1 + EGCS-1.1.1-arm-diff-990113patch
> NewLib 1.8.2
I built it for ARM using native gcc 2.95.1 and binutils 18.104.22.168.25 and it works great.
Had to patch it for my setup (using it to write a custom firmware), as the default
config is for systems with Angel firmware and such.
I can send you my patch if you like, but it may not be relevant to your setup
(and hence I've not submitted it).
I suggest moving to newer tools if possible.
Andrew E. Mileski - Software Engineer
More information about the Newlib