Problems Building Newlib for powerpc-unknown-linux

Andrew Day Andrew.Day.aday@nt.com
Wed Aug 12 16:20:00 GMT 1998

Greetings,

I am trying to build a hppa1.1-hp-hpux10.20-x-powerpc-unknown-linux
cross compiler.  I used the latest crossgcc-gcc-2.8.1.patch,
one-tree-1.5.sh, and build-3way.sh  to assist me in my build.  The build
works up to the point it needs to build the newlib libraries.  It
complains that it does not "... know how to make all".   I went and
looked in the newlib subdir and all of it's subdirs.   The Makefile in
the newlib subdir only contains multi-do and multi-clean targets and the
Makefiles of the subdirs under newlib contains no targets at all.

First of all does newlib-1.8.1 support the powerpc, and 2ndly if it does
then what is happening wrong during newlib configuration???

Regards,
Andy