memcpy performance

Joel Sherrill joel@OARcorp.com
Tue Dec 9 05:47:00 GMT 1997

An RTEMS user has noticed that the performance of the RTEMS message
queue routines is bound by our use of newlib's memcpy routine.  The
current implementation uses a byte-by-byte copy.

What would it take to get a better generic implementation?  Is there one
laying around which could be used instead?  I remember the old GNU/960
version did some alignment and then copied 16-bytes at a time.

--joel
Joel Sherrill                    Director of Research & Development
   Support Available             (205) 722-9985