[PATCH, libstdc++, testsuite] Remove useless variables and functions for std::sort()'s test

Kai Zhao loverszhao@gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 10:21:00 GMT 2015


Hi Jonathan Wakely,

On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 6:06 PM, Jonathan Wakely <jwakely@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 12/08/15 17:53 +0800, Kai Zhao wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 10, 2015 at 10:41 PM, Kai Zhao <loverszhao@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>   The attached patch removes the useless variables, struct in
>>>
>>> libstdc++-v3/testsuite/25_algorithms/sort/1.cc
>>>
>>>   Change 'class Gt' to 'struct Gt' and remove Gt's useless function
>>> and property.
>>
>>
>>  Could any one give me some advice how can a patch be accepted ?
>
>
> Patience :-)
>
> All patches must be sent to the gcc-patches list as well as the
> libstdc++ one.

Thanks, I really do not know to cc gcc-patch mailing list.

> The 'test' variable is not useless, in some cases the VERIFY macro
> expands to an expression using 'test', so it shouldn't be removed.
> See testsuite/util/testsuite_hooks.h
>
> The other changes look OK, although I'm curious where those unused
> pieces came from (probably copied from another file). I wonder if it
> would be better to check the count, rather than just stop using it.

Yes, I just find there are other useless in other files. I will search for the
useless variables or structs carefully through

  libstdc++-v3/testsuite/25_algorithms/

and try to remove those.

Do you think it is all right ?


Thanks,

Kai



More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list