using c++0x threads with the win32 threading model

Paolo Carlini paolo.carlini@oracle.com
Tue Sep 8 15:42:00 GMT 2009

Heiko Harders wrote:
> First of all, the c++0x threads don't seem to work because in the
> `thread' header file the file `<bits/gthr.h>' is included, which
> includes in turn some threading model specific files (like
> `<bits/gthr_posix.h>'). While the header `<bits/gthr_win32.h>' does
> exist, it is not included from `<bits/gthr.h>'. The comments in
> `<bits/gthr.h>' further mention support for several threading models,
> but the win32 threading model is not amongst these. Am I looking in
> the right direction for reasons why the c++0x threads do not work with
> the win32 threading model?
Probably, as far as I can see. Note, however, that the files you are
mentioning exist *outside* the libstdc++-v3 directory and are thus part
of the compiler proper, this isn't the best place to ask...

Paolo.