gcc 3.0 iostream include path problem

Peter A. Bigot pabigot@qwest.net
Thu Jun 21 18:20:00 GMT 2001


// Between prerelease 20010416 and 3.0, bits/std_cstdio.h changed to use
// #include_next instead of #include.  This, in conjunction with the
// behavior of -I handling where duplicate directories are removed from
// the search list causes this trivial file to fail to compile when invoked
// via:
//    g++ -v -I/usr/include thisfile.cc
// The explicit request for /usr/include appears in the search_list
// before the normal default position that follows include/g++-v3,
// causing the second to be removed, and include_next to no longer be
// able to locate stdio.h.  Eliminating the -I/usr/include lets it
// work, but this isn't an easy option given that what I am really
// doing is -I${READLINE_INCLUDE_DIR} which just happens to be
// /usr/include on a Redhat Linux system.
// A trace of the output is attached.

#include <iostream.h>


-- 
  Peter A. Bigot                                     E-mail: bigotp@acm.org


More information about the Libstdc++ mailing list