linux mint

Gunnar Hjalmarsson gunnarhj@ubuntu.com
Sat Jul 18 18:42:04 GMT 2020

On 2020-07-15 22:34, Halena Kawal via Libc-locales wrote:
> My job is to translate the interface of the system from English to
> Belarussian (taraskievitsa).
> Nowadays, "Linux Mint" has "be" and "be-latin" locales, but I do not
> use any of these variations.
> Please, could You add new locale "be-tarask" to the list of
> available languages?

Asking the same question as I did when this request was made at Ubuntu:

I can't help wondering about the reason why you would need it. There are
already translations of Linux software into Belarusian, and the
be_BY.UTF-8 locale is present.

Are you thinking of establishing a second Belarusian translation variant
of Linux software using the Taraškievica orthography? If so, have you
considered which huge undertaking that would be? Are there enough
Belarusian (Taraškievica) translators available for such a project?

Not saying it can't be done; just advising you to think twice.

--
Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj