Language code changes over time: zh_CN -> zh_Hans

Mike FABIAN mfabian@redhat.com
Fri Oct 11 20:27:00 GMT 2019

Florian Weimer <fweimer@redhat.com> さんはかきました:

> * Jean-Baptiste Holcroft:
>
>> the Fedora community is migrating to the Weblate translation platform.
>> This translation platform uses zh_Hans, zh_Hant, zh_Hant_HK by
>> default, instead of zh_CN, zh_TW and zh_HK.
>
> Is zh_Hant_HK perhaps a typo?

No, Hant is the script (traditional Chinese, similar to Latn in
sr-Latn-RS). Traditional Chinese is correct for HK, simplified
would be used in zh_Hans_CN and zh_Hans_SG.

> Written as-is, that's going to be
> problematic.  We had some bugs specific to the eo locale because its
> name does not have an underscore in it.

> I'm not sure if the language tag syntax is actually compatible with our
> locale names.  For example, we write sr-Latn-RS (mentioned in RFC 5646)
> as sr_RS@latin.

I am not sure either.

--
Mike FABIAN <mfabian@redhat.com>