week description in locales

Michael Meskes meskes@debian.org
Tue Jun 28 20:04:00 GMT 2016

Hi,

while debugging ncal I found that most (not all) European locales have
the week information as "7;19971130;4", However, the comment in C
suggests that "ISO 8601 conforming applications should use the values
7, 19971201 (a Monday), and 4 (Thursday), respectively". Now afaik
Europe does use ISO 8601 making me wonder if the entries need
correction.

I do not know if there is any application out there really using this
bit of information because the first day of the week is defined
as first_weekday, too.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes