Many locale definitions need license change

Brett Smith brett@fsf.org
Tue Mar 8 20:57:00 GMT 2011

On Tue, 2011-03-08 at 21:08 +0100, Keld Jørn Simonsen wrote:
> > If you don't want to get so detailed, you can also just send me an
> > e-mail that gives the FSF permission to distribute your work under one
> > of the acceptable licenses.  I'm working with our attorneys to prepare a
> > brief text that you can just send back to me to accomplish this, and
> > I'll pass it along as soon as it's done -- which should be Monday or
> > Tuesday.  Once we have that permission, I'll prepare a patch myself that
> > just updates the license notices, and send it to the glibc team.
>
> Looks good! However, you did not mention which Monday or Tuesday:-)
> I don't remember seeing a text from you, so please resend.

Sorry, I never got to send it in the first place; the attorney I've been
working with on this was out of the office.  But he got back to me
earlier this afternoon, and here's the text:

  I hereby license my contributions to the glibc locale definition files
  to the Free Software Foundation under the terms of the GNU General
  Public License, version 2, or (at the FSF's option) any later version.

You, and any other contributor, can simply send that text back to me,
and that will resolve this issue for your contributions.

You may also specify other GPL-compatible free software licenses in the
last part of the text here; if you need help getting the exact words
right, just let me know what license you prefer to use and I can provide
that.

Thanks again,

--
Brett Smith
License Compliance Engineer, Free Software Foundation

Support the FSF by becoming an Associate Member: http://fsf.org/jf