glibc-2.44 math/test-float32x-tanh math/test-float64-tanh failing

Michael Brunnbauer brunni@netestate.de
Wed Jul 29 10:25:46 GMT 2026


hi,

On Tue, Jul 28, 2026 at 07:06:36PM -0300, Adhemerval Zanella Netto wrote:
> The 2.44 integrated the CORE-MATH tanh implementation (e658f359352), which is
> expected to be correctly rounded. I haven't tested with gcc-12, but I don't
> expected it to show 3 ulp issue, did you haven any extra compiler flags
> being applied?

No extra compiler flags. BTW I forgot to specify my CPU:

 cpu family      : 6
 model           : 26
 model name      : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU           L5506  @ 2.13GHz
 stepping        : 5
 microcode       : 0x1d

What can I do to track this down? My next step would be upgrading to MPC 1.4.0 
(is this library even relevant here?), but I could alternatively upgrade GCC 
if you think that makes more sense.

Regards,

Michael Brunnbauer

-- 
++  Michael Brunnbauer
++  netEstate GmbH
++  Taxetweg 5
++  82061 Neuried
++  Tel +49 89 32 19 77 80
++  Fax +49 89 32 19 77 89 
++  E-Mail brunni@netestate.de
++  https://www.netestate.de/
++
++  Sitz: Neuried, HRB Nr.142452 (Handelsregister B München)
++  USt-IdNr. DE221033342
++  Geschäftsführer: Michael Brunnbauer
++  Prokurist: Dipl. Kfm. (Univ.) Markus Hendel
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 195 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/libc-help/attachments/20260729/5b4fd8da/attachment.sig>


More information about the Libc-help mailing list