Unable to `git pull` [solved]
tomas@tuxteam.de
tomas@tuxteam.de
Tue Jul 28 09:06:22 GMT 2026
On Tue, Jul 28, 2026 at 08:59:08AM +0000, k4lizen via Libc-help wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was unable to `git pull` and see the new source changes in glibc.
>
> ```
> ~❯ git pull
> error: RPC failed; HTTP 429 curl 22 The requested URL returned error: 429
HTTP status 429 is the one for "too many requests"...
> fatal: the remote end hung up unexpectedly
> ~❯ git remote -v
> origin https://sourceware.org/git/glibc.git (fetch)
> origin https://sourceware.org/git/glibc.git (push)
> ~>
> ```
>
> Yesterday, I couldn't even access https://sourceware.org/git/glibc.git through my browser (got some 4xx response).
Now it would be helpful if you could specify /which/ of the 4xx
"some response" it was. I bet on the above HTTP 429.
> Today I am able to access it through the browser, and I figured
> out that this fixes the issue:
So it fixed itself.
"429 Too many requests" these days points to some desperate
LLM harvester. If they only limited themselves to burn trough
their investor money instead of through our common resources...
Cheers
--
t
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 195 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/libc-help/attachments/20260728/0ccd323e/attachment.sig>
More information about the Libc-help
mailing list