Loading glibc in a new namespace fails vtable check
Florian Weimer
fweimer@redhat.com
Wed Sep 25 07:49:55 GMT 2024
* Moshe Rubin via Libc-help:
> Question: Can I assume this trace shows the second glibc copy being loaded
> into the new namespace?
I don't see evidence that a second libc is involved at this point.
Unless you have a very recent toolchain version, if GDB shows a full
backtrace, no dlmopen has happened. I'm not even sure that all the
necessary changes have actually been merged into GDB. So that's another
indicator that there is no dlmopen. Setting a breakpoint on dlmopen
would allow you to confirm whether it gets called (that works because
there are no multiple namespaces when the breakpoint is hit).
LD_DEBUG=all help could help as well.
I would look for some form of memory corruption, unrelated to future use
of dlmopen.
Thanks,
Florian
More information about the Libc-help
mailing list