libstdc++ link errors in support/links-dso-program
Горбешко Богдан
bodqhrohro@gmail.com
Fri Mar 15 19:22:34 GMT 2024
On 15/03/2024 19:07, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Горбешко Богдан:
>
>> I'm not going to install it system-wide, just to build it for
>> cross-compiling a Golang project for a Debian Buster system, by
>> specifying -rpath and --dynamic-linker.
> Is this because you need a newer GCC?
Not really, GCC 12 is just the default on Bullseye, GCC 10 seems to be
available there too. So I should attempt to build and link with GCC 10?
> If not, it's easier to use
> pbuilder (or one of its variants) to build the program in a chroot with
> Debian buster. Many people nowadays use podman or docker with a Debian
> image for the same purpose. The pbuilder approach is perhaps preferable
> if you already build a .deb archive, and podman can be scripted more
> easily to build something that isn't.
I don't really build .deb packages, Golang compiler produces one static
binary, so that would be redundant.
We already have a solution to build this in Docker, though the target
test VPS is tight on resources and I wouldn't really like to mess with
Docker there.
My scenario is developing the project on one VPS, building it there and
sending test builds (just copying one binary file, pretty easy) to
another VPS where they are run. Previously they had the same Debian
version, so this was a non-issue; recently I upgraded the first one to
Bullseye, but the target VPS has some legacy and 3rd party software
running, so an upgrade would be complicated and I postponed it for now.
I could actually run the builds on the development VPS as well, migrate
project data there and bind a remote port via SSH, but this would make
it more prone to network interruptions.
>
> Thanks,
> Florian
>
More information about the Libc-help
mailing list