configure detecting incorrect versions of the system's toolchain

Jeremy Baxter jeremy@baxters.nz
Thu Jun 13 22:06:05 GMT 2024


Hi list, I'm having an issue building glibc 2.9 from a source
archive. When I run the configure script from the build directory I get
the following error:

    $ ../configure --prefix=/home/jeremy/myusr
    ...
    checking for autoconf... autoconf
    checking whether autoconf works... yes
    configure: error:
    *** These critical programs are missing or too old: as ld gcc make
    *** Check the INSTALL file for required versions.

Here are the versions of those programs on my system:

    $ as --version
    GNU assembler version 2.41-37.fc40
    $ ld --version
    GNU ld version 2.41-37.fc40
    $ gcc --version
    gcc (GCC) 14.1.1 20240522 (Red Hat 14.1.1-4)
    $ make --version
    GNU Make 4.4.1

The configure log is attached as well as the generated config.log
file. Running configure with --prefix specified as /usr or not at all
doesn't make any difference.

Would anyone know the cause of this?

Thanks,

Jeremy

-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: configure.log
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/libc-help/attachments/20240614/a1fae529/attachment-0002.log>
-------------- next part --------------
An embedded and charset-unspecified text was scrubbed...
Name: config.log
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/libc-help/attachments/20240614/a1fae529/attachment-0003.log>


More information about the Libc-help mailing list