Speeding up development of test-container testcases

Joseph Simmons-Talbott jsimmons-talbott@redhat.com
Tue Apr 23 20:25:05 GMT 2024


On Tue, Apr 23, 2024 at 2:56 PM Florian Weimer <fweimer@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> * Joseph Simmons-Talbott via Libc-help:
>
> > I'm working on developing some test-container testcases and am
> > currently using the workflow where I run configure and then make to
> > build glibc.  I am having to run a full 'make check' in order to be
> > able to run a test-container testcase individually with 'make test
> > t=...'.  I've attempted to determine the part of 'make check' that I
> > need to build before I can successfully just run a single testcase
> > after a clean build of glibc but have been unsuccessful so far.  Any
> > tips are greatly appreciated.
>
> Looking at my shell history, I believe these commands can be used to
> recreate the testroot with the current glibc build:
>
>   rm `pwd`/testroot.pristine/install.stamp
>   make -j`nproc` `pwd`/testroot.pristine/install.stamp

That worked.  Thank you so much.

Thanks,
Joe



More information about the Libc-help mailing list