Issue in man page clog.3

Alejandro Colomar alx@kernel.org
Wed Nov 1 17:08:00 GMT 2023


On Wed, Nov 01, 2023 at 03:25:46PM +0000, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> Hello Alejandro,
> Am Wed, Nov 01, 2023 at 04:00:16PM +0100 schrieb Alejandro Colomar:
> > On Wed, Nov 01, 2023 at 02:02:10PM +0000, Helge Kreutzmann wrote:
> > > Without further ado, the following was found:
> > > 
> > > Issue:    [-pi,pi] means both -pi and pi are included, this does not make sense, either one must be out of the interval?
> > > 
> > > "The logarithm B<clog>()  is the inverse function of the exponential "
> > > "B<cexp>(3).  Thus, if I<y\\ =\\ clog(z)>, then I<z\\ =\\ cexp(y)>.  The "
> > > "imaginary part of I<y> is chosen in the interval [-pi,pi]."
> > 
> > I don't know this function.  Please suggest a fix, and CC glibc so that
> > they can review the change.
> 
> From a mathematical point of view either -pi or pi needs to be
> excluded. I'm not a programmer, so the I cannot tell which is the case
> here.
> 
> So you need to contact the person who wrote or who maintains this
> function / man page.

Hi,

I'm CCing glibc, in case they want to say something.

Cheers,
Alex

-- 
<https://www.alejandro-colomar.es/>
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/libc-help/attachments/20231101/9af91f0b/attachment.sig>


More information about the Libc-help mailing list