Testcase for BZ 28519

Joe Talbott joetalbott@gmail.com
Tue Mar 21 17:19:30 GMT 2023


On Mon, Mar 20, 2023 at 4:14 PM Florian Weimer <fweimer@redhat.com> wrote:
>
> * Joe Simmons-Talbott via Libc-help:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to write a testcase for BZ 28519 but not having much luck.
> > My testcase is below.  For a simple application that calls
> > 'system("-echo")' I get the same behavior as the BZ but for the testcase
> > I get the expected behavior where sh fails to find "-echo".
> >
> > Does anyone have any thought on what I might be missing?
>
> I suspect it's because of
>
> tests-container := \
>   tst-system \
>   #tests-container
>
> in stdlib/Makefile.  /bin/sh in the container is not a real /bin/sh,
> so it has different behavior.

Thanks Florian that does appear to be why I'm seeing this behavior.

Is it worth the effort to add support to shell-container for both a "--" flag
and another flag, a boiler-plate "-e" perhaps?

Thanks,
Joe


More information about the Libc-help mailing list