Testcase for BZ 28519

Joe Simmons-Talbott joetalbott@gmail.com
Mon Mar 20 18:10:21 GMT 2023


Hi,

I'm trying to write a testcase for BZ 28519 but not having much luck.
My testcase is below.  For a simple application that calls
'system("-echo")' I get the same behavior as the BZ but for the testcase
I get the expected behavior where sh fails to find "-echo".

Does anyone have any thought on what I might be missing?

Thanks,
Joe

My testcase looks like this:

diff --git a/stdlib/tst-system.c b/stdlib/tst-system.c
index 47a0afe6bf..6f3329c08e 100644
--- a/stdlib/tst-system.c
+++ b/stdlib/tst-system.c
@@ -146,6 +146,20 @@ do_test (void)
     TEST_COMPARE_STRING (result.out.buffer, "...\n");
   }

+  {
+    struct support_capture_subprocess result;
+    const char *cmd = "-echo";
+    result = support_capture_subprocess (call_system,
+                                        &(struct args) { cmd, 127, 0 });
+    support_capture_subprocess_check (&result, "system", 0, sc_allow_stderr);
+       printf("JOE: %s\n", result.err.buffer);
+    char *returnerr = xasprintf ("%s: execing %s failed: "
+                                "No such file or directory",
+                                basename(_PATH_BSHELL), cmd);
+    TEST_COMPARE_STRING (result.err.buffer, returnerr);
+    free (returnerr);
+  }
+
   {
     struct support_capture_subprocess result;
     result = support_capture_subprocess (call_system,



More information about the Libc-help mailing list