Can someone submit a patch on my behalf?

Adhemerval Zanella adhemerval.zanella@linaro.org
Fri Jul 28 18:37:26 GMT 2023



> On 28 Jul 2023, at 14:06, lob via Libc-help <libc-help@sourceware.org> wrote:
> 
> Hi there.
> 
> I have been playing with "msort.c", the primary implementation of the
> standard library qsort() function.  I have a trivial change that
> nevertheless speeds it up by up to 10%.  It seems to me that this
> would be a cheap but impactful improvement.
> 
> Unfortunately I lack the resources or wherewithal to follow the
> procedure outlined at
> [https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Contribution%20checklist], to build
> and test the entire library.  Would it be possible to have an existing
> contributor submit the patch on my behalf?

Hi,

My plan for next release is in fact to remove mergesort implementation from qsort [1]. The cover-letter from the patchset has the rationale of why to remove it.

[1] https://patchwork.sourceware.org/project/glibc/list/?series=22547


More information about the Libc-help mailing list