Missing CFLAGS for some objects

Adhemerval Zanella Netto adhemerval.zanella@linaro.org
Thu Apr 27 15:01:49 GMT 2023



On 21/04/23 17:22, Tomasz Dziendzielski via Libc-help wrote:
> Hi Florian,
> thank you for replying.
> 
>> Those are all linker invocations as far as I can see?  The -g flag will
>> be dropped by the compiler anyway.
> 
> Well, that's true those are linker invocations but it doesn't mean the -g
> flag is ignored. In fact I can see the objdump -Cd with my patch is
> different and gives the correct (at least as stated as one of our
> developer) debug symbols after applying. Please see the attachments.
> I'm sorry it's png but it's the only form I have it at the moment.
> 

I have tested your patch and the generated libc.so with and without
it is essentially the same:

$ sha256sum aarch64-linux-gnu/libc.so
e04ab40662d2ae5cd80ba5791c7d27f6197d7f20f275764a7bccb19a191156bb  aarch64-linux-gnu-master/libc.so
$ sha256sum aarch64-linux-gnu-patch/libc.so
e04ab40662d2ae5cd80ba5791c7d27f6197d7f20f275764a7bccb19a191156bb  aarch64-linux-gnu/libc.so

$ size aarch64-linux-gnu/libc.so
   text    data     bss     dec     hex filename
1758667  410520   51704 2220891  21e35b aarch64-linux-gnu-master/libc.so
$ size aarch64-linux-gnu-patch/libc.so
   text    data     bss     dec     hex filename
1758667  410520   51704 2220891  21e35b aarch64-linux-gnu/libc.so

I built used the default cflags, which is the -O2 -g.


More information about the Libc-help mailing list