Help compiling glibc 2.31 wih System V abi for powerpc

Manolo Padron Martinez manolopm@gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 21:51:15 GMT 2022


>
> So you don't want to replace glibc on the target system?  Then you
> shouldn't build a new glibc, but copy the target glibc into your
> sysroot.
>

 Again thank you Florian.

I've tried to use sysroot with configure and so on but it seems the
software i'm trying to compile its ignoring --with-sysroot flag, but I
tried to put all the libs in a directory and force it with -L and it works,
the only problem is the software i'm trying to compile use some features of
libc that are only in the new releases.
So I have to return to my original plan and try to compile glibc with
system v abi.

I'll keep trying to discover what's the reason that changes both time
functions into gnu abi. I took a look at IFUNCS (I didn't know what they
are until you tell me) but I don't see any IFUNC in those functions.

One again, any suggestion would be great.

Thanks again


More information about the Libc-help mailing list