Having TTL of resolved IP addresses in 'getaddrinfo' or 'getaddrinfo_a'

Florian Weimer fweimer@redhat.com
Mon May 17 11:16:34 GMT 2021

* RAHUL JOSHI:

> Hi Weimer, we have changes ready in glibc to return TTL for resolved
> IP addresses in 'getaddrinfo'. Can you please let me know what is the
> procedure to raise a request with a patch??

The first step is to ensure that you have permission to post your work
publicly.  This something that you need to clarify with your employer.
Once that is done, you can post your patch.

It is likely that your patch will require FSF copyright assignment, as
described here:

<https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Contribution%20checklist#FSF_copyright_assignment>

I do not have access to the FSF records and do not know if HPE already
has a copyright assignment on file.

Thanks,
Florian