Directory structure of glibc and header files installed on Linux

Peng Yu pengyu.ut@gmail.com
Thu Mar 4 22:37:02 GMT 2021

Hi Adhemerval,

> The usual process of installing the glibc is during either a work rebuild on
> sysroot (like Linux From Scratch does) or within a sysroot (like
> build-many-glibcs.py
> does).

These are too complicated at this moment. I do think that a verbal
explanation of the directory structure (target Linux as an example) is
more helpful.

>> Do you have to build glibc before running build-many-glibcs.py? How to
>> run build-many-glibcs.py? It seems that it have options. I am not sure
>> what options I should use. Could you show me the complete command?
>
> The build-many-glibcs.py requires some tools, like a working gcc, python3,
> bison, and the other usual tools required to build gcc and glibc. The
> simplest
> way to use is:

This also could be a problem due to the dependencies. Is there a
walkthrough with the exact set of commands based on a vanilla ubuntu
system?

For example, you mentioned sysroot. I am not familiar with it. An
exact sequence of commands should be helpful as the goal here is not
to learn sysroot.

--
Regards,
Peng