How to look up where a structure is defined?

Konstantin Kharlamov hi-angel@yandex.ru
Wed Mar 3 22:57:11 GMT 2021

On Wed, 2021-03-03 at 16:46 -0600, Peng Yu wrote:
> On 3/3/21, Konstantin Kharlamov <hi-angel@yandex.ru> wrote:
> > On Wed, 2021-03-03 at 16:24 -0600, Peng Yu wrote:

> > > ctags can partially solve the problem. The declaration and definition
> > > of a struct are all in the header. So finding the definition is OK.
> > > But it can not return function declaration. Is there a way to show
> > > function declaration as well? (For example, ./socket/sys/socket.h for
> > > setsockopt().)
> > >
> > > $ grep '^icmphdr\>' tags
> > > icmphdr sysdeps/gnu/netinet/ip_icmp.h /^struct icmphdr$/;" s
> > > $ grep ^setsockopt tags
> > > setsockopt sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/setsockopt.c /^setsockopt (int fd,
> > > int level, int optname, const void *optval, socklen_t len)$/;" f
>
> ctags only shows the above. The following is what I show where the
> declaration is.

Ah, I see. Okay, so, I think including declarations by default is disabled, you probably need to enable it. There're various options on what to include in the tags file, see `ctags --list-kinds-full`, and then using an option kinda like `--kinds-C=+px` (p and x are letters from the --list-kinds-full) should work.