supporting terminal ownership assignment (tcsetpgrp()) in posix_spawn

Godmar Back godmar@gmail.com
Fri Jun 11 23:58:26 GMT 2021

On Fri, Jun 11, 2021 at 9:45 AM Adhemerval Zanella <
adhemerval.zanella@linaro.org> wrote:

> So maybe this following:
>
>   int posix_spawnattr_tcsetpgrp_np (posix_spawnattr_t *__attr, int fd);
>
>   Similar to tcgetpgrp, it make the process group of the created process
> the
>   foreground process group on the terminal associated to FD.  It is similar
>   to tcsetpgrp(), where FD must be controlling terminal of the calling
> process,
>   and still be associated with its session.
>
>   It can be used along with POSIX_SPAWN_SETPGROUP to make the created
> process
>   a new group leader to be used as the process group.

As I stated before, that would be fine, and the caller in most cases will
likely already have an open file descriptor referring to their controlling
terminal.