Question regarding test suite build

Joseph Myers joseph@codesourcery.com
Tue Jul 27 20:34:06 GMT 2021

On Wed, 21 Jul 2021, Lukasz Majewski wrote:

> The problem I'm facing now is that make check does everything at once (
> it cross compiles tests, executes them and prints results).
> I would probably need to add new make rule (like make tst or such)

You can build tests without running them simply by running "make check"
for a cross-compiled glibc without test-wrapper set.  (I've done a variant
of that - "make math/tests" with some -j option to build the math/ tests
in parallel, then "make regen-ulps" with test-wrapper set to run those
tests needed for ulps regeneration.)

Many tests depend on aspects of the test environment and aren't designed
to be installed and run without a glibc source and build tree present.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com