nss buildfailure in latest git sources

Manuel Lauss manuel.lauss@gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 13:15:39 GMT 2021


Hello,

I get the following build failure in nss code:

86_64-pc-linux-gnu-gcc -m64 -O2 -march=znver3 -mtune=znver3 -pipe
-fpic -fPIC -fpic -fPIC -Wl,-O1 -Wl,--as-needed nss_module.c -c
-std=gnu11 -fgnu89-inline  -O2 -march=znver3 -mtune=znver3 -pipe -fpic
-fPIC -fpic -fPIC -Wall -Wwrite-strings
-Wundef -fmerge-all-constants -frounding-math -fno-stack-protector
-fno-common -Wstrict-prototypes -Wold-style-definition -fmath-errno
  -ftls-model=initial-exec   -U_FORTIFY_SOURCE   -I../include
-I/tmp-ram/portage/sys-libs/glibc-2.33-r
1/work/build-amd64-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-nptl/nss
-I/tmp-ram/portage/sys-libs/glibc-2.33-r1/work/build-amd64-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-nptl
 -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64/64
-I../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86_64  -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x
86/include -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86  -I../sysdeps/x86/nptl
-I../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/wordsize-64  -I../sysdeps/x86_64/nptl
-I../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/include -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux
-I../sysdeps/nptl  -I../sysdeps/pthrea
d  -I../sysdeps/gnu  -I../sysdeps/unix/inet  -I../sysdeps/unix/sysv
-I../sysdeps/unix/x86_64  -I../sysdeps/unix  -I../sysdeps/posix
-I../sysdeps/x86_64/64  -I../sysdeps/x86_64/fpu/multiarch
-I../sysdeps/x86_64/fpu  -I../sysdeps/x86/fpu  -
I../sysdeps/x86_64/multiarch  -I../sysdeps/x86_64
-I../sysdeps/x86/include -I../sysdeps/x86
-I../sysdeps/ieee754/float128  -I../sysdeps/ieee754/ldbl-96/include
-I../sysdeps/ieee754/ldbl-96  -I../sysdeps/ieee754/dbl-64
-I../sysdeps/ieee754
/flt-32  -I../sysdeps/wordsize-64  -I../sysdeps/ieee754
-I../sysdeps/generic  -I.. -I../libio -I. -nostdinc -isystem
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/11.1.0/include -isystem
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/11.1.0/include-fixed -isystem /us
r/include -D_LIBC_REENTRANT -include
/tmp-ram/portage/sys-libs/glibc-2.33-r1/work/build-amd64-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-nptl/libc-modules.h
-DMODULE_NAME=libc -include ../include/libc-symbols.h  -DPIC
-DTOP_NAMESPACE=glibc -o /tmp-ram/portage/
sys-libs/glibc-2.33-r1/work/build-amd64-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-nptl/nss/nss_module.o
-MD -MP -MF /tmp-ram/portage/sys-libs/glibc-2.33-r1/work/build-amd64-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-nptl/nss/nss_module.o.dt
-MT /tmp-ram/portage/sys-libs/glibc-2.33-r1/w
ork/build-amd64-x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-nptl/nss/nss_module.o
nss_module.c: In function ‘module_load_nss_files’:
nss_module.c:117:7: error: ‘is_nscd’ undeclared (first use in this function)
 117 |   if (is_nscd)
     |       ^~~~~~~
nss_module.c:117:7: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only
once for each function it appears in
nss_module.c:119:51: error: ‘nscd_init_cb’ undeclared (first use in
this function); did you mean ‘nscd_init’?
 119 |       void (*cb) (size_t, struct traced_file *) = nscd_init_cb;
     |                                                   ^~~~~~~~~~~~
     |                                                   nscd_init

seems that  is_nscd   and  nscd_init_cb  are not always defined.

Manuel


More information about the Libc-help mailing list