(stat(...) == -1 || faccessat(...) == -1) && errno == EINTR ?!??

Florian Weimer fweimer@redhat.com
Mon Feb 15 10:20:37 GMT 2021

* Tobias Bading:

>> Yes, this is not a POSIX conformance issue.
>
> o.O
>
> I don't get it. How is a developer supposed to decide in which cases
> EINTR handling is required? Check the man page on every platform the
> code is supposed to work on and hope that at least one platform mentions
> EINTR if the function is indeed able to fail that way?

The issue here is that one Linux file system (CIFS) behaves differently
from most other file systems.  That is not something that can be
addressed with documentation at the level of the manual pages.
Practically speaking, I would say this is a file system bug.

Thanks,
Florian
--
Red Hat GmbH, https://de.redhat.com/ , Registered seat: Grasbrunn,
Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Brian Klemm, Laurie Krebs, Michael O'Neill