Question regarding __lll_timedlock_elision (__lll_clocklock_elision) on x86/powerpc/s390

Florian Weimer fw@deneb.enyo.de
Sun Sep 20 18:10:04 GMT 2020

* Lukasz Majewski:

> Dear Community,
>
> I'm trying to find the implementation of __lll_clocklock_elision
> function declared as
>
> extern int __lll_clocklock_elision (int *futex, short *adapt_count,
> 					clockid_t clockid,
> 					const struct timespec *timeout,
> 					int private) attribute_hidden;
>
> in sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86/lowlevellock.h
>
> I've dug into following commit:
>
> "Add the low level infrastructure for pthreads lock elision with TSX"
> SHA1: 1cdbe579482c07e9f4bb3baa4864da2d3e
>
> Where this extern declaration is added for the first time, before
> rename as __lll_timedlock_elision.
>
> However, I cannot find the definition in the source code (it is also
> not the auto generated syscall wrapper).

See sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/s390/elision-timed.c, it does:

#define __lll_lock_elision __lll_clocklock_elision
…
#include "elision-lock.c"