glibc2.32 build error for powerpc64-unknown-linux-gnu

Adhemerval Zanella adhemerval.zanella@linaro.org
Wed Sep 2 14:20:48 GMT 2020



On 02/09/2020 05:05, Chris Packham wrote:
> 
> On 2/09/20 7:40 am, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
>>
>> On 30/08/2020 07:40, Chris Packham via Libc-help wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> crosstool-ng was recently updated to add glibc-2.32. We're seeing the
>>> following error building for powerpc64
>>>
>>> [ALL  ]      In file included from
>>> ../sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc32/power4/multiarch/wordcopy-ppc32.c:26,
>>> [ALL  ]                       from
>>> ../sysdeps/powerpc/powerpc64/multiarch/wordcopy-ppc64.c:18:
>>> [ALL  ]      ../string/wordcopy.c: In function '_wordcopy_fwd_aligned':
>>> [ERROR]      ../string/wordcopy.c:98:26: error: 'a1' may be used
>>> uninitialized in this function [-Werror=maybe-uninitialized]
>>> [ALL  ]         98 |       ((op_t *) dstp)[0] = a1;
>>> [ALL  ]            |       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^~~~
>>>
>>> Looking at the code in question I think it's a spurious warning. There
>>> even appears to be an attempt to turn off the warning in
>>> sysdeps/generic/Makefile but the file is #included for powerpc so the
>>> flags applied.
>>>
>>> Bug report with full logs
>>> https://github.com/crosstool-ng/crosstool-ng/issues/1380
>>>
>> I haven't see it with gcc version 9.3.1, so it might be something related
>> to gcc 10 or newer.  I will build a gcc 10 and check if I can reproduce it.
> I just tried a crosstool-ng config selecting gcc 9.3.0 and I still see 
> the same error.
> 

I just tried to reproduce it building powerpc64-linux-gnu, powerpc-linux-gnu
and powerpc-linux-gnu-power4 (with --with-cpu-power4) with both gcc 9.3.1
and 10, but without success. Are you using any special flags or patch for gcc?


More information about the Libc-help mailing list