Using non-system glibc

Florian Weimer fweimer@redhat.com
Thu May 28 12:16:56 GMT 2020

* Mahmood Naderan:

>>I would try to reference the dynamic linker under its soname, like this:
>>
>>  -Wl,--dynamic-linker=/opt/glibc-2.23-install/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2
>
> I don't see such file. Is that normal?
>
> mahmood@hp2:/opt/glibc-2.23-install$ find . -name ld*
> ./ld.map

Please use:

$ find . -name 'ld*'

> That is also my concern. For my work I need that --emit-reloc be
> available. Does that mean I have to manually recompile all staffs?
> from kernel to libraries and applications?

If your new glibc is only compatible with --emit-relocs libraries, and
your existing libraries have not been built this way, then yes, you have
to rebuild them.  I don't know what you are trying to accomplish, so
there might be another way around that.

Thanks,
Florian