[Y2038] Replacement of struct timespec with struct __timespec64 in glibc internal code

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault@ens-lyon.org
Mon Jun 8 22:23:30 GMT 2020

Hello,

Lukasz Majewski, le mer. 03 juin 2020 14:53:47 +0200, a ecrit:
> [*] - from running scripts/build-many-glibcs.py it looks like only
> i686-gnu port (HURD) is using code in ./sysdeps/pthread.

? No, nptl also uses e.g. the C11 threads implementation that is there.

> Will ./sysdeps/pthread be replaced by nptl in some near time in the
> future (and removed)?

Ideally nptl and htl (and fbtl of the freebsd port) would be merged.
Apparently nptl is not as linux-specific as I could fear, and now
that gnumach has a futex-like interface (gsync) possibly it could
just be used, but it won't be just a snap, htl implements at least
some cancel support that we need in userland filesystem support
(pthread_hurd_cond_timedwait_np), and also the pthread cancel, signal,
TLS supports need to be plugged. I tend to make htl interface like nptl
with the libc, so that should be feasibly long-term.

Samuel