libdl, no fdlopen function

Carlos O'Donell carlos@redhat.com
Thu Jul 23 02:58:41 GMT 2020

On 7/22/20 10:42 PM, connor horman wrote:
> I can look into implementing it. Having it available would be quite useful
> as I want to do runtime dso signature verification. I'd have to look at the
> code that deals with the actual runtime loading and see where the name gets
> turned into a file descriptor.

You'd be looking at _dl_map_object, which once it finds the object opens the
fd and then calls _dl_map_object_from_fd.

If I had to hack something up I'd write a thin wrapper around _dl_map_object_from_fd
and then add some tests and see if I could get to work with that.

You'd have to review _dl_map_object to see all of the things you'd have to consider
as consequences e.g. What if you load the same object twice? Auditors?

Please also look through this:
https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Contribution%20checklist

--
Cheers,