Elementary Functions

N.G. Timmons ngt26@cam.ac.uk
Mon Jan 13 15:09:00 GMT 2020

Hi,

I was looking through the source for sin/cos/exp etc. and noticed that a
lot of the comments don't actually say what/why things are being done.
There also exists a union type called "mynumber" which is used to access
the high and low bits of a 64-bit floating point number.

I would like to comment the elementary functions with:
     - What algorithm is being used
     - Why is it being used
     - Any caveats on unusual operations so future changes can be made
safely
     - Actual testing information (the current statistics given at the
top of some functions doesn't say how they were tested). This is to
allow for verification and comparison if future changes are made.

I would like to rename 'mynumber' and a few other variables to
meaningful names so that the source code can be followed with greater
ease.

Would the community be open to me making these changes?

Thanks,
Nick Timmons