Glibc and GCC Runtime Library exception

Florian Weimer fweimer@redhat.com
Tue Dec 15 16:59:09 GMT 2020

* JhansiG Gottumukkala via Libc-help:

> Im using GCC to compile my program and linking with Glibc
> statically. I came across something called GCC Runtime Library
> exception while using/linking the GCC libraries. Does Glibc also come
> under this exception?

No, most of glibc is not covered by the GCC run-time library exception.
Or put differently, I do not think it is possible to statically link a
working program that falls under the exception.

Thanks,
Florian
--
Red Hat GmbH, https://de.redhat.com/ , Registered seat: Grasbrunn,
Managing Directors: Charles Cachera, Brian Klemm, Laurie Krebs, Michael O'Neill