Question regarding m68k GCC compiler error

Jeff Law law@redhat.com
Thu Aug 13 15:27:08 GMT 2020


On Thu, 2020-08-13 at 10:02 +0200, Lukasz Majewski wrote:
> Hi Florian,
> 
> > * Lukasz Majewski:
> > 
> > > Before I submit a GCC bug - has anybody encountered any similar
> > > issue recently for this port?  
> > 
> > It's probably related to the six-argument system call.  These are
> > always difficult to handle on architectures with small register files.
> > It's not necessarily a GCC bug, sometimes it's just not possible to
> > solve this.
> 
> I do get your point. However, this code is a simple refactoring of
> existing code (as I just moved preprocessor macros to static inline
> function).
Understood, but keep in mind that refactoring can easily change various metrics
that change compiler behavior -- particularly the inliner.

Jeff
> 



More information about the Libc-help mailing list