Need info about the internals of printf

Konstantin Kharlamov hi-angel@yandex.ru
Mon Jun 17 19:55:00 GMT 2019

В Вт, июн 18, 2019 at 00:02, Eswar Chandra Tadikonda
<teswarsrinivas@gmail.com> написал:
> Hi,
>
> I am going through the glibc source code cloned from the git
> repository. I
> am quite interested on how the printf function works really under the
> code
> to print the characters on display.
>
> I actually got stuck at __vfprintf_internal function which i am not
> able to
> find the definition through tags. BTW, is this the actual function
> called
> internally by printf ?
>
> Can you please help me on this code learning ?
>
> Also please suggest me the right tools/method to traverse through the
> source code...

The reason you can't find is because universal ctags, etc, by default
disable detecting some stuff. Per this question
https://stackoverflow.com/q/3655743/2388257#when-using-exuberant-ctags-what-options-to-you-use
you can use e.g.

	$ ctags --c-kinds=+defgpstux -R .

then, with universal ctags, I see the tag.