GLIBC 2.25 and up test failures listed on wiki

Florian Weimer fweimer@redhat.com
Tue Jun 11 21:00:00 GMT 2019

* Lee Mracek:

> While building GLIBC I've been running into the issues with
> test-cond-printers, etc as listed in the architecture-independent section
> of https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/2.25. Since I am sure that
> Python is in my path, I'm assuming that this is due to the potential cause
> added to the wiki regarding "gcc 7.8 or newer" but I'd like to confirm
> that.

I don't think GCC 7.8 exists.  Do you mean GDB?

> Currently my error presents as an unexpected output, and running the binary
> itself doesn't provide any information. I can provide a full log if
> necessary to compare.

Perhaps backporting this commit will help?

commit 56a731d4ad319e473851893980e734b7ee42c1a0
Author: Jan Kratochvil <jan.kratochvil@redhat.com>
Date:   Fri Feb 8 13:49:19 2019 -0500

    Avoid readline conflicts in pexpect

    In some cases, sensitive to readline version and the user's
    environment, gdb might emit escape codes while run under python's
    pexpect (i.e. testing pretty printers).  This patch, suggested
    by Jan, helps isolate the test from the user's environment.

If not, you need to look at the respective .out files and check what is
reported there.

Thanks,
Florian