Unexpected netlink response of size <number> on descriptor <number>

Abhi Arora engr.abhiarora@gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 17:54:00 GMT 2019

I have seen SIGABRT in my multi-threaded application deployed in Linux
machine. The message that I got over stderr was "Uxpected error 9 on
netlink descriptor 6".

While googling, I came across this link:
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/info-gnu/2016-02/msg00009.html

I want to under the following lines
"The most likely cause for these errors is a multi-threaded
application which erroneously closes and reuses the netlink file
descriptor while it is used by getaddrinfo."

I am not using "netlink" socket in my application but it seems
libraries that I am using (Poco, curl) might be calling "getaddrinfo".
Please help me in understanding the above lines and if possible with a
direction to resolve this issue.