How to use backtrace() safely in signal handler.

Paul Guo paulguo@gmail.com
Fri Dec 6 02:08:00 GMT 2019

On Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 10:02 PM Carlos O'Donell <carlos@systemhalted.org>
wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 5, 2019 at 8:16 AM Paul Guo <paulguo@gmail.com> wrote:
> > but I want to know how unsafe it is and see if I could use that safely in
> > signal handler with some limitations.
>
> Why do you want to call backtrace() from a signal handler?

Typically program sigsegv handler wants a backtrace and saves them somwhere
and
then rethrows the signal (and then program quits). This is a very
convenient practice
and seems to be not unusual in some softwares.

In the past this was the accepted practice for doing crash backtrace