Building and installing a new version of GLIBC on CentOS

Ian Trudel ian.trudel@gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 13:42:00 GMT 2019

Here is the solution to build the 32 bit version of glibc on CentOS:

../../configure --prefix=/usr --disable-profile --enable-add-ons
--with-headers=/usr/include --with-binutils=/usr/bin
--build=x86_64-x32-linux-gnu --host=i686-pc-linux-gnu CC="gcc -m32"
CXX="g++ -m32" CFLAGS="-O2 -march=i686" CXXFLAGS="-O2 -march=i686"

The build and host switches have to be different for some strange reason.

Thank you for your help Florian and Carlos.

Best regards,
Ian