Impact of Increasing M_MMAP_THRESHOLD to 1GB in malloc().

Florian Weimer fw@deneb.enyo.de
Fri Sep 28 10:40:00 GMT 2018

* ritesh sonawane:

> Apart from changing threshold value do I need to take care of bin index ?
> I have tried to understand the binning of malloc(), and found that its not
> necessary.

The binning is for small allocations only.  No changes will be needed
for correctness.  There are scalability issues if you have many
allocations of sizes that are not tracked in bins, but that is a
preexisting problem in the allocator, unrelated to changing the mmap
threshold or the heap size.