my strstr is broken

Siddhesh Poyarekar siddhesh.poyarekar@gmail.com
Tue Sep 11 14:51:00 GMT 2018

On Tue, 11 Sep 2018 at 20:11, Michael Brunnbauer <brunni@netestate.de> wrote:
> No it's i686-pc-linux-gnu (output from gcc -dumpmachine).
>
> arch reports x86_64 because the kernel is 64 bit but everything else is 32 bit.
>
> >  I can reproduce this on the glibc
> > 2.28 tag when I hack the ifunc resolver to ignore
> > __strstr_sse2_unaligned and always use the stock __strstr.
>
> So the stock __strstr has a bug?
>
> A 32 bit glibc would not use __strstr_sse2_unaligned, right?

Right, my question should have been 'non-x86_64' I flew back ~5 time
zones this morning and my brain's still a bit mushy, sorry :)

The stock __strstr has a bug, which seems to have been fixed on master
with the commit I mentioned.  I'll need to vet it to make sure that
the fix is not just incidental and that the root cause (which I
haven't understood yet, jet lag, etc.) is also fixed and then backport
it to the 2.28 branch.

Siddhesh

--
http://siddhesh.in