Building 2.27 on CentOS
Andreas Hubert
anhubert@googlemail.com
Fri Jun 1 13:54:00 GMT 2018
The commands I provided where the exact ones, just double dash is garbled by my mail client: — vs --
But I think I found now the reason. Since you claimed you always compile like that and never had issues, I tried with a vagrant virtual box on centos and it worked without any problem and also way faster.
The problem I had was because I was running the build in docker container on MacOS inside a mounted volume.
So I will try to first copy my base directory inside the docker container to build it there and then copy back the resulting files and if this still fails I have to check how I could run my builds on a VM directly instead of docker.
Thanks for your hints which took me to the conclusion that something with my environment must be wrong.
> Am 01.06.2018 um 13:43 schrieb Florian Weimer <fweimer@redhat.com>:
>
> On 06/01/2018 01:38 PM, Andreas Hubert wrote:
>> My goal is to pack this in a RPM, but currently I just try to build it directly on the command line. Only after that works my next step would be to make it work with a spec file.
>
> In this case, please show us the *exact* commands you use, not garbled by your mail client. This includes the SCL activation step.
>
>> Maybe I have something wrong with my DTS 7 setup.. do you maybe have any sources you follow to setup you build environment that I could try to follow?
>
> I install devtoolset-7-gcc and devtoolset-7-gcc-c++, and the configure glibc with:
>
> ../git/configure --prefix=/usr CC=/opt/rh/devtoolset-7/root/usr/bin/gcc CXX=/opt/rh/devtoolset-7/root/usr/bin/g++
> make -j4
>
> Alternatively, running
>
> scl enable devtoolset-7 -- bash
>
> and entering
>
> ../git/configure --prefix=/usr
> make -j4
>
> in the subshell (!) works as well.
>
> Thanks,
> Florian
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 873 bytes
Desc: Message signed with OpenPGP
URL: <http://sourceware.org/pipermail/libc-help/attachments/20180601/0fda6c59/attachment.sig>
More information about the Libc-help
mailing list