libc/libstdc++ compatibility between versions

Igor Chudov Igor_Chudov@epam.com
Thu Aug 9 07:51:00 GMT 2018

Hello!

I and my colleagues have a problem: We're compiling C++98 solib using GCC 4.4 on CentOS 6. We want to move to the newer compiler (GCC 4.8 on CentOS 7) but we still want the resulting DSO might be used by CentOS 6 users. So the question is:
- Is it possible to force linking with specific API version of glibc so we will be able to lock the functionality on CentOS 6 version of glibc? Maybe it is possible using linker scripts?

Any help would be appreciated.
---
IGOR CHUDOV
Junior Software Engineer